Next to Phong Nha, Dark Cave is the most popular tourism site in the area. It was first discovered in 1990 and opened up not long after that. The Dark Cave is the smaller version of the Son Doong Cave. The reason for the name is that there is no artificial light installed inside the cave and with its total length of 6 kilometers it’s nothing but darkness! Moreover, the rocks inside the cave are dark, some gray some black.
Dark cave – Chay river
With this tour, you will have new experiences: zip lining, rowing the kayak. Moreover, the cave is home to many lakes, with a water temperature of about 18 degrees. Inside the cave there are many unique things to see and experience! There is a natural mud bath at the end of one of the narrow passages and there are many ancient fossils to be found. The fossils are over a million years old! The natural mud bath is very good for the skin, and compared to a mud-bath in a spa this is just a fraction of the price.
Phong Nha Cave well-known as (Wind blows through the teeth) was found in the 16th century by Champa people. The cave located inside the core zone area of Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park. The cave was researched by BCRA in 1990.
Phong Nha cave is not only a natural legacy of the world or a wonder of the country Vietnam, but also the historical history in the past, Ho Chi Minh trail history which collaborates with Xuan Son Ferry in order to create a route supporting for the battleground of the South Vietnam during US War. Today, this place has become the first section of Ho Chi Minh trails. Therefore, coming to Phong Nha means you are visiting this legendary trails.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Dong Hoi, Phong Nha|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Pickup time from 8h00 – 8h 30 am from your stay (hotel/ train station/ airport/… at Dong Hoi city), 9h00 – 9h30 am at Phong Nha town|
8.00 AM – 8.30 AM: Pickup & Transportation
- The car and the guide will pick you up at the hotel/ train station/ airport … at Dong Hoi city ( or Phong Nha town about 9.00 – 9.30 am)
- 50km from Dong Hoi to Phong Nha cave
- Move on the Ho Chi Minh Trail and know more about Vietnam History
10.00 AM – 11.30 AM: Walk and Enjoy Phong Nha cave
- From the boat station at the Phong Nha tourism center to the cave’s entrance is about 5km. The boatman take you on the dragon boat about 30 minutes to the cave.
- Enjoy wonderful scenery and the Lipstick river (Son River)
Phong Nha cave is a river cave with the total length of nearly 8km. It was chosen as one of the most beautiful caves in the world by the British caving Association. You will enjoy 1km inside the cave with wonderful stalactites and stalagmites.
12.00 PM: Time for Lunch
- Return to the restaurant about 5km
- Have lunch with Local food
- Take a rest
1h30 PM: Enjoy dark cave
- Carefully prepared
- Caving equipment provided (Ziplining belt, helmet & headlight, life jacket)
- Follow regulations and interpretation guide
Activities in Dark cave tourism site.
- Adventuring Zlipline (370m to dark cave).
- Having mud bath.
- Walking inside the cave
- Swimming & Kayaking
- Having bath on Chay River
Tip : To take photo inside the cave, you can prepare a small water resistance bag to keep your camera or cellphone.
4h30 PM: Return
- 65km from Dark cave tourism site to Dong Hoi city
- Take a rest
- Tour finishes and See you again !