Phong Nha Cave was first “discovered” in 1899. In 1992 a group of British scientist joined the Hanoi University on a expedition inside the cave. With the mission to fully explore the cave and document it. Between the 18th of march and the 18th of April several expedition were organized and the group had successfully discovered 7,729 meters of cave with a maximum height of 50 meters and a maximum depth of 83 meters. This expedition and documentation was the reason for opening it up for tourism in 1995.
Not long after the opening of the Phong Nha Cave to the public a artificial lighting system was installed in 1998. However, in 2012 the current president of the company changed the lighting which helped reduce the damage to the cave and create incredibly beautiful ambiance.
Located near Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, Nuoc Mooc spring has the wonderful natural landscape with ecosystem diversity. The tourist will enjoy the fascinating experiences. Once tourists visit this place, they are impressive by its landscape like “ fairyland”. Suoi Nuoc Mooc is about 3 km from the Paradise cave,where tourists shouldn’t miss.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Dong Hoi, Phong Nha|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Pickup time from 8h00 – 8h 30 am from your stay (hotel/ train station/ airport/… at Dong Hoi city), 9h00 – 9h30 am at Phong Nha town|
8.00 AM – 8.30 AM: Pickup & Transportation
- The car and the guide will pick you up at the hotel/ train station/ airport…at Dong Hoi city (or Phong Nha town about 9.00 – 9.30 am)
- 50km from Dong Hoi to Phong Nha cave
- Move on the Ho Chi Minh Trail and know more about Vietnam History
10.00 AM – 11.30 AM: Enjoy Phong Nha cave
- It takes you about 30 minutes from the Phong Nha tourism center by boat to the entrance.
- Enjoy the scenery of the Son river
- Explore spectacular stalactites and stalagmites
Phong Nha cave is the wet cave with 8km long. It was chosen as one of the most beautiful caves in the world by the British caving Association.
12.00 PM: Time for Lunch
- Return to the restaurant
- Have lunch with Local food
- Take a rest
1h30 PM: Visit Nuoc Mooc spring
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the spring
- Kayaking and some interesting water games.
The cool spring water with the temperature about 18 – 20 degrees C named Mooc spring. It is surrounded by majestic mountains. It are suitable for new experiences, especially during the hot summer days. Suoi Nuoc Mooc is about 3 km from the Paradise cave,where tourists shouldn’t miss.
4h00 PM: Return
- 60 km from Phong Nha to Dong Hoi
- Take a rest
- Tour finishes and See you again !
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review